Become an expert on your topic. Explain
- any unethical acts
- what laws, if any , were broken
- what government agency was involved
- what consequences did that party (person or business) suffer
Format: Powerpoint 5-7 slides
Vokswagon Emissions Scandal
Valeant drug scandal
Zenefits Insurance Scandal
Taken from https://teals-introcs.gitbooks.io/2nd-semester-introduction-to-computer-science-pri/units/1_unit/06_lesson/project.html
Overview: Using Python, students will use variables, input, and printing to create a Mad Lib. You will also practice designing a project by planning out your Mad Lib before implementing it. Part of the project is to use your creativity to design your own unique story.
The program will print out the title of the Mad Libs story, as well as a short explanation of game play
A Day in NYC: a Mad Lib.
Welcome! You are about to play a fantastic word game.
I will ask you for nouns, verbs, adjectives, proper nouns and adverbs.
Using those words I will create an unexpected story for you!
The program should then prompt the user to enter in nouns, verbs, adjectives, proper nouns, and adverbs
- Create your story
- Select the missing words
- Determine each words part of speech
- Create introduction
- Create questions
- Divide story into print statements
- 10 different words inputted
- Variable names should correspond to the part of speech requested and part of the story they belong to (e.g.
- You may only use 3 print statements to tell your story
|Program greets user and explains rules
|Program accurately requests 10 words (1 for word, 1 for correct request)
|Program prints full Mad Lib
|Program exhibits creativity
|Program utilizes variable names to convey meaning
|Correct order of inputted words
|Only 3 print statements
Here’s how you get to “==” in Alice. It’s a world function. (and it must be put into an
Look at the code below:
Can you see why this student lost credit :
The student did a good job using a function and storing a value in the variable, walkDistance; however, they never then used that variable .
Example 1 :
The code below is almost correct , but the variable
walkingDistance is never used by the move method !
Code Diagram 1 :
Code Diagram 2 :
Unit 4 . Loops
- Complete Packets:
- 15 b (The Loop Instruction)
- 16 (The While Instruction)
- Assignments here
Unit 3 Datatypes and if/else
- Complete packets #9-10
- #9 (variables)
- #10 functions vs methods
- Drag Racing
- Spaceship Repair
- Apollo 15
- End of Unit Assign
Assignments and Quiz topics
- Complete packets #3- 8 by Thursday Wednesday 27th
- #1 (Example tutorial)
- #2 (skipped)
- #3 Coach–opacity, color
- #4 Camera and manipulating objects (turn,tumble etc)
- #5a Alice code (how to add instructions)
- #5b Alice Primitive Methods
- #6 ( camelCase, — read only, no tutorials)
- #7 ( primitive methods from object tree)
- #8 (do together )
- Project #1
- at least 10 instructions
- modify a ‘subpart’
- 1 do-together statement
- at least 3 different objects
- Worth 7 points.
- To get a 7/7 you must achieve the ‘wow factor’–ie go above and beyond to create a superior final project
- you must save your file in the format of
- Eventual Quiz 1
- binary number systems (see dropbox notes for review)
- converting from various bases to base 10(see Google drive notes for review)
- comment vs instruction in alice
Unit 4 Bootstrap 4
- Bootstrap 4 documentation
- Bootstrap 4 @ www
- Download the bs4 (unzip this then copy contents of the “dist” folder to a “bs4/” folder in your project (https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.1/getting-started/contents/#css-files)
- cdn paths : https://www.bootstrapcdn.com
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://stackpath.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/4.1.3/css/bootstrap.min.css" integrity="sha384-MCw98/SFnGE8fJT3GXwEOngsV7Zt27NXFoaoApmYm81iuXoPkFOJwJ8ERdknLPMO" crossorigin="anonymous">
<script src="https://stackpath.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/4.1.3/js/bootstrap.min.js" integrity="sha384-ChfqqxuZUCnJSK3+MXmPNIyE6ZbWh2IMqE241rYiqJxyMiZ6OW/JmZQ5stwEULTy" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>
- Colors (bg-danger, text-success etc..)
Unit 3 Jquery
Mr M Assignment (reproduce the screenshots in the powerpoint)
- HTML & Css
- Server Stuff
Centigrade to Fahrenheit Modification: Modify the Fahrenheit to centigrade project as follows.
- Use a while loop to do as many temperature conversations as the user wants
- Ask the user for yes no (help)
Miles Per Gallon Modification: Modify the miles per gallon project in the same way as the prior exercise.
- At the start, ask the user how many mpg conversions, they want to convert.
- Then use a loop to do that many conversions
Assignment 4.3) Open assignment. Your open project must have each of the following criteria
- a variable
- store the return value of a function into that variable
- a loop of some kind
Nested Loop Starter Code
for (int row = 1 ; row <= 4 ; row++)
System.out.print("row "+ row + " : ") ;
for (int star = 1 ; star <= row ; star++)
System.out.print("* ") ;
Method 1) printRectangle()
Change the code from the demonstration of nested loops so that you output the following pattern below. Call this method
Method 2 and 3)
VIM is a very powerful editor.
Follow the steps below to set it up. I am using windows and you might need to slightly modify certain steps like #2 for Mac (not sure)
Part I : Install Git desktop program
1) first install git : https://git-scm.com/downloads
Part II. Install GVim
Download and run the executable installer
2) Uncheck “make plugin directory” at install. (We will create our own folder called “bundle” later that serves the same purpose)
(consider macvim and/or using homebrew)
For steps 3 and 4, you can just download this folder: bundle (unzip it and put it into your main Vim folder, as shown in picture above), or you can follow steps 3 and 4
3) create a folder called “bundle” in the core vim folder.
4) in “bundle”, you must put the vundle.vim folder (see picture at bottom). You must put Vundle.vim inside bundle.
5) Create a folder called ‘tmp’ . We will configure our vimrc to store temporary files there (Otherwise, they get saved in CWD and youre directories end up getting littered with lots of ugly temporary vim files)
6) Feel free to use my customized _vimrc . That file should be in your root vim folder as you can see in the screenshot at the bottom. (BTW, you must remove the “.txt” extension.)
7)Run Gvim . (If you’re using my vimrc , you’ll get an error first time, but that’s ok). The actual gVim application is in the folder called vim80 (or whatever version of gVim you’re running. If you installed vim 7.9, then you’d look in the vim79 folder or the like)
8)Let’s install some plugins using Vundle. To do, just type: the following
:PluginInstall (Yes, do type the the colon)
To type you must press either “i” or “a” which puts you into insert mode.